We thank you for your service and we’re honored to help you achieve your academic goals.
In 2015, USA Today named the University of Utah among the top ten most veteran-friendly universities in the nation.
To learn more, check out the Veterans Support Center.
Veterans Support Center Services
- GI Bill/VA educational program services
- VA counseling and benefits advising
- Career Coaching
- Peer mentoring
- Free tutoring
- Free SWAG, coffee, and refreshments
- Free printing and computer lab with CAC card readers
- Veteran-only lounge and study area
- Veterans yoga
- Student veteran organization
- Scholarship and financial aid assistance
- Work-study opportunities
- Student Veteran of the Year recognition
- Many other veteran-only services and events
Affordability for Veterans & Active Military
We aim to give our service members the best chance at an affordable education. Here’s how:
- Eligible out-of-state veterans can apply for resident student status to receive in-state tuition.
- Student veterans receive priority registration after orientation.
- Credit may be awarded for certain military service training and experience. Learn more here.
- The state of Utah offers the Tuition Gap program, which pays tuition for qualifying veterans who have established Utah residency, have no VA educational benefits available, and have only a year left before earning their first bachelor’s degree.
Location is Key
- The U is across the street from a regional VA office and one of the top VA hospitals.
- We are a top-ranked school located in a beautiful veteran-friendly state.