Transfer Admission Standards
An Extraordinary Undergraduate Experience Begins with You
Are you prepared for academic success? We assess applicants using a holistic review process that goes beyond test scores to evaluate each student’s individual qualifications and capabilities.
Our process includes consideration of the following factors:
- Cumulative transferable GPA
- Rigor of course selection
- Grade trend
- Academic awards
- Involvement in student organizations, athletics, or other extracurricular activities
- Significant commitment to community engagement and volunteer work
- Familial and financial responsibilities
- Work experience
- Extraordinary circumstances
- Ability to contribute to and benefit from a culturally and intellectually diverse learning community
The average GPA of admitted transfer students is a 3.4. Applicants are reviewed holistically with attention paid to grade trends, responsibilities and involvement outside of school and academic goals.
Transferable GPA does not include:
- Remedial courses
- Credit received from non-regionally accredited institutions
- Credit awarded by exam (AP, IB, CLEP, FLATS, etc.)
Applicants with fewer than 30 semester hours at application are required to submit an official high school transcript.
Those who were homeschooled, attended an unaccredited high school, or have a GED are required to submit ACT/SAT test scores.
International applicants should explore the International Transfer Admissions page for more detailed information and additional requirements.
Incoming Class Student Body Statistics
For the fall 2021 class:
New Transfer Students
Average Transfer GPA
Average Transfer Credits