Residency Addendum to Amend an Admissions Application - Utah Admissions
Main Menu

Residency Addendum to Amend an Admissions Application

Residency Addendum to Amend an Admissions Application

If you are classified as a nonresident but meet the requirements for a policy or exception for resident status, you may apply to change your status by means of a residency addendum:

  • You MUST be starting your first semester of a new university program.  Addenda are not available to students after they complete their first new semester in their university program.
  • You MUST request and complete an addendum.
  • The addendum MUST be submitted to the Residency Office for review and approval.
  • A residency addendum submitted with all supporting documentation by the application deadline is guaranteed to receive a decision by the first day of the semester.
    • Addenda submitted between the day after the application deadline and the tuition deadline are late.
    • We will work on these addenda until the census deadline.
    • Incomplete addenda are removed after the census deadline.
    • We cannot guarantee a decision by the first day of the semester for late addenda.

To qualify, the student must:

  • Live in Utah for 12 continuous months or more
    • Not live outside of Utah for longer than 11 months continuously after they have lived over a year in Utah
  • Have a Utah driver’s license
  • Be independent on federal taxes if parents or guardians live outside of Utah
    • Or be a tax dependent of Utah parents or guardians living in Utah for longer than a year
      • We may require the student’s parents’ or guardians’ tax documents or proof of a Utah domiciliary tie, such as a Utah driver’s license or other

To request an addendum to amend the non-residency classification of an admissions application, please:

House Bill 102 Addendum

Students who acquire one of the following U.S. Customs and Immigration documentation statuses may qualify for tuition resident student status:

  • Recent Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
  • Asylum or refugee status
  • Special Immigrant Visa
  • Humanitarian Parole
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • Or good faith evidence of a submitted application for refugee status, humanitarian parole, temporary protected status, or asylum under United States immigration law

They can submit these immigration documents to us with the House Bill 102 Addendum, in addition to completing the other requirements for the addendum.

To request a House Bill 102 addendum:

For more information about Utah House Bill 102, click here:

Utah House Bill 102

Utah High School Graduate Nonresident Tuition Waivers

Students on other types of visas not under the Utah House Bill 102 are ineligible for residency reclassification but may qualify for a tuition waiver if they have attended 3 years, and completed graduation, in a Utah high school.

For more information about Utah High School Graduate Nonresident (House Bill 118 and House Bill 144) Tuition Waivers, click here.

Have Questions?

Residency Office Contact Information

Visit us at:

Student Services Building,

201 S 1460 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84112

Office Hours (All times are Mountain Time Zone):

  • Monday – 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
  • Tuesday – 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Staff Meetings every Tuesday morning 8:00 to 10:00 A.M.)
  • Wednesday –  8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
  • Thursday – 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
  • Friday – 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

Closed all holidays and University Office Closure days (click here to see our calendar)

Call us:

801-581-8761, Option 5 to speak with a Residency staff member

Email us:


Return to Residency Home Page