Confirm Your Intent to Enroll

Confirm Your Intent to Enroll


Congratulations once again on being admitted to the University of Utah!

Confirm intent to enroll and pay enrollment deposit

To confirm your intent to attend the U, all newly admitted and readmitted domestic undergraduate students must fill out a confirmation form and pay the $300 Enrollment Deposit. The confirmation and deposit must be completed before you can register for New Student or Transfer Orientation or enroll in classes. This deposit will be applied towards your first semester's tuition. However, if you confirm your intent to enroll and then choose to not attend, the $300 enrollment deposit will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to a different semester.

Before you confirm your intent to enroll or request an extension, you must first update your password by logging into your CIS account with the University ID and password included in your Admission letter.

Confirm Intent            Pay Enrollment Deposit



Freshmen and Transfer
Second Bachelor and Returning Students


All Admit Types



Transfer and Second Bachelor

Returning Students

Request an Enrollment Deposit extension

Due to the evolving Covid-19 situation, the University of Utah recognizes there may be extenuating circumstances for your request that are beyond the normal appeal parameters noted below.

To request an enrollment deposit extension, please submit a written request to the Office of Admissions by clicking here.

Consideration for an extension may include, but not be limited to, the following:

  1. If a student has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.
  2. Proof of government assistance such as food stamps, enrollment in a low-income assistance program like TRIO or Upward Bound, or eligibility for reduced-price school lunch.
  3. An official letter printed on letterhead from a school counselor, employer, or ecclesiastical leader attesting to your financial situation.
  4. If Vocational Rehabilitation or Veteran's Administration is paying part or all of your educational expenses.

For questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at