The University of Utah is a top university with extensive academic and student support capabilities. In 2015, USA Today named the University of Utah one of the top ten most veteran-friendly universities in the nation. We’re proud to help our service men and women achieve their academic goals.
SERVICES OFFERED AT VETERANS SUPPORT CENTER
- GI Bill/VA educational program services
- VA counseling and benefits advising
- Career Coaching
- Peer mentoring
- Free tutoring
- Free SWAG, coffee, and refreshments
- Free printing and computer lab with CAC card readers
- Veteran-only lounge and study area
- Veterans yoga
- Student veteran organization
- Scholarship and financial aid assistance
- Work-study opportunities
- Student Veteran of the Year recognition
- Many other veteran-only services and events
NEED MORE REASONS?
- Eligible out-of-state veterans may apply for resident student status to receive in-state tuition.
- Student veterans receive priority registration after orientation.
- Credit may be awarded for certain military service training and experience. You can learn more here.
- The state of Utah offers the Tuition Gap program, which pays tuition for qualifying veterans who have established Utah residency, have no VA educational benefits available, and have only a year left before earning their first bachelor’s degree.
- The U is across the street from a regional VA office and one of the top VA hospitals.
- A top-ranked school that is located in a beautiful veteran-friendly state, the U is an excellent institution for veterans to attend.