As a parent, you are a vital partner in the process of your student's education. Below is a list of some dates and events to keep in mind as you build your calendar.
- Enrollment Deposit Deadline
The $300, non-refundable, deposit ensures your child's spot in the incoming class. The deposit must be paid before students can register for New Student Orientation or register for classes. The enrollment deposit may be paid anytime now, but the final day to pay is May 1.
- New Student Orientation registration
Your new student must attend Orientation before they can register for classes.
- Parent & Family Orientation registration
Parent & Family Orientation runs simultaneous to New Student Orientation and gives you a chance to learn more about the University of Utah as well.
- Housing Application available
Are your students interested in living on campus? The housing application goes live on February 10.
- Housing Priority Application date - April 1
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) and UFORM on-time completion deadline
If your student is interested in applying for federal aid or aid from the University, they should complete the FAFSA and UFORM by the April 1 deadline.
- Housing Move-in Day
Students who choose to live in on-campus housing may move in on August 21.
- New Student Welcome
We're so excited to welcome the new incoming class! Your students are invited to join us on August 23 for a special welcome
- First day of class for Spring 2017 start January 9, 2017, May 15, 2017 for Summer 2017, and August 21, 2017 for Fall 2017.
- You can also learn more about how to get involved by visiting the Parent Association page.