Group visits are designed for counselors, teachers, advisors. who would like to bring a group of students from a school, college, or community organization to visit the University of Utah.
Group visits are designed only for counselors, teachers, advisors, etc. who would like to bring a group of students from a school, college, or community organization on a field trip to visit the University of Utah. They are offered by appointment only during weekdays, typically at 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
9 – 12th grade or transfer students
Your visit will consist of a walking tour of the campus led by a University Ambassador. An admissions presentation led by one of our Admissions Counselors is also available by request.
All requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 801.581.6295. For email requests please include "group visit for (school/group name)" in the subject line.
K – 8th Grade Students
Please contact the Office of Engagement to arrange a field trip for your school group.
*At this time, we cannot accommodate any elementary school groups. Please contact the Office of Engagement to arrange a field trip for your elementary school group.
- At least three to four weeks of advance notice is required to schedule a group tour.
- Maximum size for groups is no more than 75 students, and at least one chaperon is required for every 25 students.
Available dates can be limited, so please do not make any plans with your district or organization until you receive confirmation of your request. We recommend you have multiple dates in mind.
- Tours will be of the lower/main campus only, we are unable to take groups to residence halls.
- Groups are responsible for their own transportation, meals/lodging, other campus appointments, and parking arrangements.
- Groups with extra time to spend on campus and that would like to see other areas of the U are encouraged to reach out to the Office of Engagement for additional opportunities to enhance their visit experience.
- During the 9 a.m. group tour on Fridays, we will not have ambassador staffing.
- During summer months, group tours are only eligible to receive a scavenger hunt which is a self-guided tour of the campus.