FALL 2020 COUNSELOR UPDATE
Hello counselors, and welcome to The University of Utah! This Counselor Update is our way of sharing important information and news about the U.
TEST OPTIONAL PROGRAM
- The University of Utah is Test Optional for freshman applications for Fall 2021 admission. ACT/SAT scores are not required for admission, merit scholarships (including department scholarships), or direct admission programs (including Engineering). To learn more about Test Optional at the U click here.
APPLY TO THE U!
DAILY CAMPUS TOURS HAVE RESUMED!
- We have resumed our daily campus tours with a limited tour group size. If students are interested in registering for a daily campus tour, they can click here to view our list of tour dates. All other events for prospective students will remain virtual.
- We've made the difficult decision to limit our in-person recruitment events and travel for this fall. This was a difficult call, but feel it is in the best interest of your students and your school communities, as well as, our own staff and campus community.
- As such, we will not be traveling to high schools or college fairs this fall. However, our admissions counselors are very willing to connect with you and your students over the phone, email, or video calls. We are happy to schedule individual or group meetings.
- On top of this, we have implemented a very robust series of virtual events for your students so they get the information they are seeking about the University of Utah. Over the next few weeks your students will learn about an extensive list of opportunities that will include high level overviews, deeper dives into specific aspects of campus, and weekly student panels. If your students would like to receive our Discover the U weekly event email, updating them of upcoming virtual events at the U, they can fill out our Request For Information.
- To learn more about our university, check out our virtual event schedule.
Fall 2020 counselor conference
- While we missed seeing you in person, we heard very positive feedback about our virtual High School Counselor Conference. We are also excited to have been able to offer this opportunity to our out-of-state colleagues for the first time. Thank you for participating and making it successful.
- As a reminder, all the sessions are available on demand through our virtual event platform. You can use the link sent to you via email prior to the start of the conference to access the platform at any time. You can also go here to create you own login credentials to the site.
- We will be adding new content to the site on a regular basis and encourage you to visit periodically to see what is new. In particular, we encourage you to check out our new Student Spotlight series that will be added soon.
connect with your admissions counselor
- We encourage students to contact their admissions counselor if they have any questions throughout their application process. Students can find their designated counselor here.
Important info for Utah High School Students
FOR UTAH SCHOLARSHIP
- The For Utah Scholarship completely covers the cost of tuition and fees for eligible students!
- To qualify, students must be Utah residents, first-time freshmen, have a high school average GPA of at least 3.2, have completed the FAFSA and be Pell Grant eligible.
- To learn more about this scholarship and view our FAQ page, click here.
HIGH SCHOOL UNIVERSITY PROGRAM (HSUP)
- Your students are invited to apply for the U's High School University Program! This is designed for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors, and allows them to start their college career and take college courses while they are in high school.
- Courses are only $15 for a 3-credit course! Check out our HSUP website for more information.
Important info for Out-of-state High School Students
WE HAVE EXPANDED THE WESTERN UNDERGRADUATE EXCHANGE PROGRAM (wue) to all 15 states
- The WUE program gives a tuition discount for nonresident high school seniors who will be first-time entering freshmen only.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, or Wyoming. To learn more about the WUE program and view application requirements, visit here.
Have questions? Give us a call at 801-581-8761 or email us at email@example.com.