DAILY CAMPUS TOURS
Schedule a VISIT
Led by one of our university of ambassadors, this 90 minute outdoor only tour will let you get a feel for campus, college life, and an opportunity to learn more about the University of Utah.
Welcome to the University of Utah, a place we like to call Imagine U. Home to an open and welcoming community, world-class faculty and small class sizes. Discover why the University of Utah is the place for U.
The University of Utah has implemented safety measures per CDC and local health authority recommendations to ensure the safety of all guests, students, staff, and faculty members. The Admissions Office adheres to all University of Utah safety measures to offer a safe guest experience.
Please do not attend a tour if you are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the past seven days, any symptom of Covid-19. Symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, congestion, and loss of taste or smell. For more information about Covid-19 symptoms please visit https://healthcare.utah.edu/coronavirus/.
CAMPUS TOUR COVID-19 TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tour check-in is contactless and you will not need to enter the Welcome Center to check-in. As part of your check-in process, you will be asked to acknowledge and attest to your understanding of University protocol as it relates to campus tours and COVID-19.
- Masks are required to be worn over your mouth and nose for the duration of your campus tour. If you, or any individuals in your party, require a mask, one will be provided.
- Tour group sizes will be limited to a total of 20 people including the tour guides. Each student is permitted two additional guests to their party. Each member of a party must be identified on the tour registration form; we cannot guarantee admittance of any previously undisclosed individuals. If there is more than one student visiting campus, we encourage each student to register separately.
- Ten feet of physical distancing will be maintained at all times while on tour.
- Campus tours will be outdoor only. There will be no entrance to any building on campus as part of the tour experience.
- Guests must adhere to University of Utah guidelines for the entirety of their time on campus. Refusal to comply with these guidelines will result in dismissal of guest and all those in their party.
post tour covid-19 notification
If you, or your guests, test positive for COVID within 48 hours of your campus tour, we ask you immediately notify us by emailing Kim Merino, events and campus visit manager at CVC-19Notification@utah.edu or call 801.581-6295. This will aid us in notifying others of potential exposure while on campus per University of Utah protocols.
GETTING TO CAMPUS AND PARKING
Location: Admissions Emma Eccles Jones Welcome Center
We’ll start our tour at Gardner Commons, the home of the Emma Eccles Jones Welcome Center.
The University Union Visitor Parking Lot is located directly east of the Welcome Center.
We encourage you to use Google Maps to arrive at 260 Central Campus Drive, Rm 2155
The campus tour check-in process is now contactless. Guests will remain in their vehicle until their scheduled tour time.
The visit reminder email you receive after registering for your tour will contain detailed information about the contactless tour check-in process.
YOUR TIME WITH US
Dress in a way that is comfortable and suited to the weather (it’s always exciting). Please note that tours will be offered in all weather conditions (with the rare exception of severe/dangerous weather).
Wear comfortable walking shoes as our walking campus tour is 1.5 hours long. The University is located in the beautiful foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, making our campus tour #LegDay, but don’t worry, over 30,000 students traverse our scenic campus.
If anyone in your group needs ADA accommodations, please do not hesitate to call and/or email us in order to request a service. A request for accommodation can be made by calling (801) 581-8761, option 1, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable prior notice is required.
ADDITIONAL VISIT OPPORTUNITIES
There's a lot more to see here at the University of Utah, so make the most of your time spent on campus and look at some of the additional opportunities with specific colleges and majors.