You are here:

Confirm your Intent to Enroll

Welcome to the U!

Congratulations once again on being admitted to the University of Utah! To confirm your intent to attend the U, all newly admitted and readmitted domestic undergraduate students must fill out a confirmation form and pay the $300 Enrollment Deposit. The confirmation and deposit must be completed before you can register for New Student or Transfer Orientation or enroll in classes. This deposit will be applied towards your first semester's tuition. However, if you confirm your intent to enroll and then choose to not attend, the $300 enrollment deposit will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to a different semester.

Before you confirm your intent to enroll or request an extension, you must first update your password by logging into your CIS account with the University ID and password included in your Admission letter. 

Confirm your Intent to Enroll and Pay your Deposit

Newly admitted domestic undergraduate students must confirm their intent to enroll and pay the Enrollment Deposit by the posted deadline of the term. Please note that both items must be done before you can register for New Student Orientation or enroll in classes. The Enrollment Deposit can be paid online.

Confirm Intent to Enroll Now

Already Confirmed? Pay your Enrollment Deposit NOW


Spring 2018

  • Deadline for Transfer, Freshman, Second Bachelor's students: December 1, 2017
  • Deadline for Readmitted students: December 31, 2017

Summer 2018

  • Deadline for Transfer, Freshman, Second Bachelor's, and Readmitted students: May 1, 2018

Fall 2018

  • Deadline for Freshman students: May 1, 2018
  • Deadline for Transfer and Second Bachelor's students: July 1, 2018
  • Deadline for Readmitted students: August 1, 2018

Request an Extension to Confirm your Intent to Enroll

Students who wish to confirm their intent to enroll to the University of Utah but feel the $300 enrollment deposit is a financial burden may request an extension.* Consideration for an extension will be made for situations like, but not limited to, the following:

  • If a student has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and is eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.
  • If a student has been eligible for free lunch during their secondary school education.
  • If Vocational Rehabilitation or Veteran's Administration is paying part or all of your educational expenses.
  • If a student's familial circumstances make the $300 an excessive burden.

For questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at or at (801) 585-9987. 

Request an Extension.

*If approved, the enrollment deposit extension is due the same day as tuition.

Admission Deferment

Are you an admitted student interested in deferring to a later semester? Learn more about admission deferment.

Last Updated: 10/30/18