Getting Ready Transfer Guides

If well-planned, your course work at another institution will be valuable toward earning a bachelor's degree at the University of Utah.  Many courses offered from other schools will fulfill requirements in the University's General Education program - the basics required of all University of Utah students seeking a bachelor degree. You can even begin meeting requirements for some departmental majors while still a student at another institution.

Learn more about the courses offered at other Utah colleges or universities that meet specific requirements in various programs of study at the University of Utah. Preparing yourself now can save you both time and money.

Course Transfer Standards

Transfer credit earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities is normally accepted for advanced standing if the work is parallel in nature to programs offered at the University of Utah, and if grades of D- or better have been earned in the credited courses. Please note: Prerequisite courses and major courses may require higher grades. Check with your major advisor for additional information. The transfer evaluation and summary of transfer credit is subject to audit and re-evaluation.  Any appeals for credit not recognized by the University of Utah for transfer should be initiated in the Office of Admissions. 

Students who have an associate of arts or associate of science degree, or have completed the general education program at another Utah state-supported college or university are considered to have satisfied the University of Utah's general education requirements. Also, completion of an associate of science or associate of arts degree from a regionally accredited comprehensive community college will satisfy the University of Utah's intellectual exploration and writing portion of general education requirements. The mathematics and American institutions requirement must be completed, if not included in the associate degree. Additional graduation requirements in mathematics, writing, language, etc. are required for graduation. An associate of applied science degree does not clear general education requirements.

Articulation Guides

The Getting Ready Transfer Guides are not articulation guides.  The Getting Ready Transfer Guide is created by the University of Utah's Office of Admissions and departments to show how courses may transfer from other schools to complete major requirements.  This guide is major specific.  Courses that satisfy requirements for a particular major may not clear requirements for a different major.

If you are interested in general articulation agreements made between the U of U and other schools in Utah, please refer to the Utah State Transfer Articulation Guides:

Dixie State University
LDS Business College
Salt Lake Community College
Snow College
Southern Utah University
Utah State University
Utah Valley University
Weber State University
Westminster College

College of Architecture & Planning     College of Humanities                         College of Social Behavioral Science

College of Education                             College of Mines & Earth Sciences     College of Social Work

College of Engineering                          College of Nursing                                Eccles School of Business

College of Fine Arts                                Medical Laboratory Science                College of Health                            College of Science                                  Pre-Medicine


Last Updated: 1/9/19