Welcome to the U!
Congratulations once again on being admitted to the University of Utah! To confirm your intent to attend the U, all newly admitted and readmitted domestic undergraduate students must fill out a confirmation form and pay the $150 Enrollment Deposit. The deposit must be paid before you can register for New Student or Transfer Orientation or enroll in classes. T his deposit will be applied towards your first semester's tuition. However, if you pay and then choose to not attend, the $150 deposit will not be refunded.
Before you pay your deposit or request a deposit extension, you must first update your password by logging into your CIS account with the University ID and password included in your Admission letter.
Confirm and Pay your Deposit
Newly admitted domestic undergraduate students must confirm their intent to enroll and pay the Enrollment Deposit by the posted deadline of the term. Please note that both items must be done before you can register for New Student Orientation or enroll in classes. The Enrollment Deposit can be paid online.
Deadline for Transfer, Freshman, Second Bachelor's students: December 1, 2015
- Deadline for Readmitted students: December 31, 2015
Deadline for Transfer, Freshman, Second Bachelor's, and Readmitted students: May 1, 2016
Deadline for Freshman students: May 1, 2016
- Deadline for Transfer and Second Bachelor's students: July 1, 2016
- Deadline for Readmitted students: August 1, 2016
Request an Extension of the Enrollment Deposit Payment
Students who wish to confirm their intent to enroll to the University of Utah but feel the $150 enrollment deposit is a financial burden may request an extension. Consideration for an extension will be made for situations like, but not limited to, the following:
- If a student has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and has an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3500 or less.
- If a student has been eligible for free lunch during their secondary school education.
- If Vocational Rehabilitation or Veteran's Administration is paying part or all of your educational expenses.
- If a student's familial circumstances make the $150 an excessive burden.
For questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (801) 585-9987.