Welcome to the U!
Congratulations once again on being admitted to the University of Utah! To confirm your intent to attend the U, all newly admitted and readmitted domestic undergraduate students must pay the $150 Enrollment Deposit. The deposit must be paid before you can register for New Student or Transfer Orientation or enroll in classes. When you register for classes, this deposit will be applied towards your first semester's tuition. However, if you pay and then choose not to register for classes, the $150 deposit will not be refunded.
Before you pay your deposit or request a deposit extension, you must first update your password by logging into your CIS account with the University ID and password included in your Admission letter.
Pay your Deposit
Newly admitted domestic undergraduate students must pay the Enrollment Deposit by the deposit deadline of the term. Please note that the deposit must be paid before you can register for New Student Orientation or enroll in classes. The Enrollment Deposit can now be paid online.
Deadline: May 1
- Deadline: The deadline for the fall semester deposit deadline has been extended. Please pay the deposit as soon as possible.
Request an Extension of the Enrollment Deposit
Students who wish to commit to the University of Utah but feel the $150 enrollment deposit is a financial burden may request an extension. Consideration for an extension will be made for situations like, but not limited to, the following:
- If a student has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and has an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3500 or less.
- If a student has been eligible for free lunch during their secondary school education.
- If Vocational Rehabilitation or Veteran's Administration is paying part or all of your educational expenses.
- If a student's familial circumstances make the $150 an excessive burden.
For questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or at (801) 581-4217.