Welcome back to the University of Utah! Now that your deferment is winding down, it's time to start thinking school again. Classes for spring 2017 start January 9, May 15 for summer 2017 and August 21 for fall 2017; there is plenty to do in the meantime. Below is a list of things to work through to make your return to the U as smooth as possible.
If you have any questions about your deferment, contact Todd Taylor in the Office of Admissions at (801) 585-9987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER FOR ORIENTATION
All students returning from a deferment are required to attend an Orientation session prior to registering and attending classes. Orientation will give you a chance to learn more about programs, activities, and life at the U. You will also meet other new students form a variety of programs and get a taste of living on campus.
- Register for your required Orientation session and pay the Orientation fee.
- Get more information on traveling to the U.
- Turn in a current immunization form.
- Meet with your advisor.
- Register for classes.
- Visit the Orientation web site, email email@example.com, or call (801) 581-7069 for more information.
APPLY FOR HOUSING
The U has plenty of on-campus housing options for first year students. Living in the residence halls is a great way to get connected with campus programs and organizations, meet other first year students, and experience everything the University of Utah has to offer. Freshmen living in the residence halls, must also sign up for a meal plan.
Spring Semester Housing Application Dates:
Housing applications for the 2016-2017 school year is now open.
- Follow the link to learn more about the different types of housing options available to you. You can view floor plans and video tours of the residence halls here.
- If you are interested in a special Living Learning Community housing experience, click here to learn more.
- Use your HousingU account, located under the Student Housing section of Campus Information Services (CIS), to get started on your application.
- Sign up for a meal plan. There are a number of plans to choose from and special dietary needs can be accommodated. Learn more about meal plans here.
- Request a mailbox to get your mail sent straight to campus.
- For more information visit the Housing website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (801)-587-2002.